January 20th, 2008 by Andrew
This time around my bash script for gphoto started when it was supposed to. I captured a full day worth of photos, 1 every 60 seconds. The frames were captures on January 18th, 2008. I ended up with 710 photos in the final video, which is about 11.8 hours worth of the day. When I made the video, I set the delay to 1/10th of a second, resulting in 10 photos per second. So every second of this video covers 10 minutes of the day.
This video is better than my first attempt, but still not as awesome as I’d like. The morning started cloudy and a little snowy/rainy, then the clouds moved away and the sky turned bright blue until sunset. I’ll need to find a better vantage point to take some more striking images.
Another hindrance to finding a good location is that gphoto still doesn’t work correctly on Mac OS X. That means I can’t use it on my laptop, so the camera has to be tied to my Ubuntu box. Even though I installed gphoto2 with Mac Ports, I can’t find any solutions to the delay and disappearing file problems I’m having.