August 30th, 2008 by Andrew
I was ridding my closet of useless junk and came upon a stack of papers, some of which were dated 1996. That would put me in the 6th or 7th grade.
- Darth Vader drawn with oil pastels.
- A “Life Support Suit” drawn in pencil.
- A motorcycle drawn in pencil.
- A “Lava Proof” building drawn in colored pencil.
- A cat in a window drawn with colored pencil.
Darth Vader’s not bad; it was probably drawn from a reference picture. I found the motorcycle on the inside of an old folder. The cat in the window was probably a drawing of Jasmine.
The “Life Support Suit” boasts a pretty impressive array of features:
- An oxygen pack
- Fuel tanks for the rockets (to move in space?)
- Batteries to power the electronics
- Life boat with a 200 mile radio
- Hand-warming gloves
- Super-lite snowboard that attaches to the back of the pack
- Arm Strap Monitor to control everything
- Flashlight on the arm strap runs on its own batteries
The “Lava Proof” obelisk-shaped building is amazing as well:
- 2 (maybe 4) 50-foot pure titanium beams holding the building in the ground
- Soft sand around the titanium beams, to allow the building to wobble rather than crumble in earthquakes
- Heavily compacted dirt around the sand for strong support
- Alternating concrete, titanium, and insulation shell
- The titanium in the shell is apparently so lava doesn’t get inside
- Each floor is concrete surrounding titanium